Department of Pulmonology
The Department of Pulmonology at Prathima Hospital focus on the diagnosis and management of disorders relating to the respiratory system, including the lungs, upper airways, thoracic cavity and chest wall.
The Pulmonology Department has medical professionals with medical expertise in the field of Pulmonology and Bronchoscopy services.
They work in tandem with Critical Care Specialists and Allergists, to provide unparalleled expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of difficult, unusual and complicated diseases of the respiratory system, such as Asthma, COPD (Smoking related lung diseases), Air Pollution related Lung Diseases, Infections (including Bacterial, Viral, Tuberculosis), Pleural Diseases (Including Pleural effusion/Pneumothorax/Empyema), Connective Tissue related lung diseases, Sarcoidosis and Sleep Apnoea (OSA/OHS/Obesity Related Lung Diseases).
List of services offered-
Vascular surgeons at Prathima Hospitals treat a wide variety of conditions including:
- Aortic Aneurysms – dilation of a blood vessel, which can lead to rupture and death
- Carotid Artery disease – a waxy substance called plaque builds up inside the carotid arteries that carry blood to the neck and head causing a stroke
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – occurs when blood thickens in a clump that becomes solid, forming a clot
- Lymphedema – swelling caused by accumulation of fluid in the body’s tissues
- Peripheral Arterial disease – where plaque builds up in the arteries to the legs limiting the blood flow or blocking it altogether
Vascular surgery is actually quite varied and most operations have to be tailored to the individual patient. Urgent intervention is required for conditions such as ruptured aortic aneurysms and vascular trauma following road accidents and other accidents.