Best Liver Transplant Hospital in Hyderabad
What is Liver Transplant Surgery?
The liver performs many vital functions in the body such as protein synthesis, carrying out metabolism etc. If the liver gets infected with any lethal disease, medications aren’t an option to eradicate the problem in most conditions.
The best long-term solution always comes out to carry out a Liver Transplant Surgery with the Best liver transplant surgeon in Hyderabad. It involves replacing the infected liver with a healthy one.
Types of liver transplants:
Our Prathima Hospitals accomplishes a Living-donor liver transplant. It is also coined the term “Orthotopic Transplantation”.
It is mostly followed by liver transplants. This involves receiving a healthy liver from a donor. The same donated liver is then transplanted into the patient’s body.
The transplantation of the healthy liver should be done within 12 to 18 hours.
The Procedure of the liver transplant at Prathima Hospitals is utmost safe and most affordable. Here is the procedure flow:
- Removal of the infected Liver and implantation of the healthy one.
- Expert Surgeons transect the inferior vena cava, the portal vein, the bile duct, and the hepatic artery.
- Later on, stabilised arterial flow is ensured.
Facilities for Liver Transplantation That We Have In Our Hospital:
Before any Liver Transplant Surgery is undertaken, our hospital provides the following facilities:
- A thorough laboratory test of blood and urine is taken.
- A facility for ultrasound of the liver is also provided.
- Further test on the cardiovascular system is taken.
- Determinations of mental ailments like depression, anxiety and more are undertaken as a Psychological evaluation.
Liver Transplant Surgery becomes necessary to replace the diseased liver with a healthy one.
It can save one’s life during the following medical conditions:
- Acute Liver Failure
- Chronic Liver Failure
- Liver Transplant Surgery leaves a trail on the body for sure.
- You are placed in an intensive care unit of the hospital for a few days.
- You are recommended for frequent checkups to update your recovery status.
- 70% successful recovery takes at least a year.
- If you witness any ache or pain, consult your doctor right away.
The liver is a vital organ, and it should be taken extreme care of.
- Doctors suggest incorporating a healthy nutritional diet.
- Intake of unprescribed medications is prohibited.
- Regular routine workout practises sure to help.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited even in cooking.
- Fat, sugar, salt and cholesterol intake should be regulated.
If you are one of the following, likely, your doctor wouldn’t suggest for a Liver Transplant Surgery.
- If you are suffering from Pulmonary Hypertension
- If you on any stage of Cancer
- You have a medical history of regular infection
- If you have a mental illness
- If you have severe medical complications