10 Best Foods for Liver Wellness | Healthy Diet Plan for Liver
Liver is a vital organ for humans, which is essential for survival. Every year more than 2 million people die due to liver disorder, which makes it one of the major causes of deaths. Most people don’t realize that they are suffering from liver disorder until they are at their last stage, making it even more deadly.
A few years ago, liver transplant surgery’s success rate was relatively low, but with advancements in technology, the success rate had increased way higher than before. Now, India has the best liver transplant surgeons and hospitals across many areas. Cities like Hyderabad have the best liver transplant hospitals and surgeons and well-equipped advanced technology to provide the right care for the patients.
Liver performs more than 400 primary functions to keep our body healthy such as producing bile, excretion of cholesterol, removal of toxins from blood ,building strong immune response and many more.
10 best foods to keep your liver healthy:
Food and drinks which help in reducing risk for liver disease are:
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Celery, spinach, broccoli and all the other green vegetables have higher levels of nitrate and antioxidant compounds which protect the liver from damage. They are also a very essential part of diet if you want to lose weight.
- Coffee: Studies show that moderate consumption of coffee helps in lowering risk of liver condition such as fibrosis and cirrhosis, while too much coffee reverses the effect and hinders your liver.
- Tea: Green tea reduces fat build up in the liver. It improves liver enzymes level and helps in boosting the immune system by protecting it from toxic substances. Some studies have also revealed that people who drink green tea have lover chances of liver disorder.
- Fish: It contains omega – 3 fatty acids which help in reducing inflammation and improves fat level in the liver. Fishes that are best in omega-3 are salmon, sardine, lake trout and tuna.
- Beetroot: Their juices contain betalains that reduce the level of inflammation and help the liver in producing bile. It is very effective in keeping fat away from the liver by activating the enzymes in the liver.
- Orange Juice: It is rich in potassium and vitamin C which detoxifies the liver and protects it from toxic substances.
- Walnuts: Out of all nuts, walnuts are the best source of omega-3 fatty acid and omega-6 which helps in cleansing your liver naturally. Researchers have found consuming walnuts everyday help in maintaining healthy liver.
- Ginger: It is loaded with antioxidants which help in improving liver health. Study revealed that consumption of 2 grams of ginger helps in preventing liver diseases by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in the liver.
- Garlic: It flush toxic from the body helps reduce body weight, while some research have also found that its anti- inflammatory properties are very advantageous for patients with fatty liver.
- Olive Oil: It helps in development of scar tissue or fibrosis that is very essential for your liver to repair and function normally. Olive oil also reduces fat in your body and prevents diseases from fatty liver.