Know the Importance of Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding Week is an annual celebration, it is being held every year from 1-7 August in more than 120 countries. It was inaugurated in 1991.
- Is to encourage breastfeeding
- To improve newborn health
- To improve mothers' health
WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding starting within one hour after birth until a baby is 6 months old, The nutrition complementary food should be added, while continuing breastfeeding for 2 years.
Advantages of BreastFeeding:-
1.For the Newborn:
- It is easier to digest, so babies have less digestive problems and provide all the ideal nutrition for infants.
- The first secretion called colostrum gives immunity to the newborn baby various infections like respiratory, gastrointestinal problems.
2. Advantages to the mothers:-
- Help in reducing weight as it burns a lot of calories.
- Protection against breast cancer, ovarian cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
3. Combined advantages:-
- Develop a strong psychological bond between a mother and child.