Centre of Excellence in Adult & Paediatric Liver Transplantation
A liver transplant in simple words is a surgical procedure that restores damaged liver with a healthy one from another person or donor.
Liver transplantation is a standard treatment for patients with end-stage liver disease (ESLD). A donor liver can be from a living donor or a deceased donor. A liver transplant may involve the whole liver, a reduced liver, or a liver segment.
Most transplants involve the whole organ and segmental transplantation. Segmental transplantation enables two recipients to receive allografts from one cadaveric donor or allows for living-donor liver donation.
The patients suffering from nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, chronic hepatitis B or chronic hepatitis C, autoimmune hepatitis, metabolic disorders, biliary atresia, liver failure, or other complex liver-associated problems require a transplant.
TYPES OF LIVER TRANSPLANTS
Adult Liver Transplant: Liver transplantation in adults is required in cases like liver failure and liver problems such as fatty liver disease and acute liver cirrhosis.
Paediatric Liver Transplant: In children, they need liver transplantation due to liver failure or impaired functioning of the liver.
Why does Prathima Hospitals stand distinct?
- Prathima Hospitals is the best hospital with the Best Liver Transplant Team and development.
- Our multidisciplinary team comprises Liver Transplant Surgeons, Exclusive Liver Transplant trained Anesthesia and critical care team given 24 x 7 coverage, Hepatologist, Gastroenterologist, Interventional Radiologists, and well-trained technical nursing and ICU staff. We have exclusive Liver transplantation coordination team for personal / professional work up to take care of you.
- The surgeons are highly skilled to wield highly progressive and use ingenious technologies to treat.
- We will analyze your condition thoroughly, and recommend medications and drug therapy and work up in a staged manner (donor work up, the recipient work up) when you are advised for transplant to avoid unnecessary expenditure / Burden to the family.
- Our experienced team performs complex liver surgeries in children every year, ranging from infants to young adults, making us one of the most competent liver transplantation hospitals in India.
Our services include:
- Management of Portal hypertension, including Porto systemic shunt surgery
- Organ Transplant surgery
- Live Donor Liver Transplantation
- Cadaver Donor Liver Transplantation
- Surgeries for liver, bile duct, gall bladder, and pancreatic cancer
- Complex surgeries for benign liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases
- Surgery for portal hypertension
- Liver transplant evaluation
- Pre-liver & Post-liver transplant care
- Management of acute liver failure
- End-stage liver disease with cirrhosis from various causes
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Split Liver Transplantation
- Pediatric Liver Transplant
- Multivesicular Transplant (Liver & Kidney)
- Hepato- Pancreatic Biliary & Gastrointestinal Surgery